First impressions are important. That’s why when it comes to marketing a property, staging a home can certainly play a key role in selling successfully, as the goal is to appeal to as many potential buyers as possible.
In our 8 years being in the Real Estate business we have found that though the Bay Area market has been increasingly hot, staged homes tend to correlate to more overall positive feedback, garner an increase in competitive offers and put our sellers in a position to sell at above list price.
Even simple, inexpensive staging can result in more walk-throughs and big bumps to your sale price.
- Painting: Adding a fresh coat of interior paint can mask home odors while drastically brightening any room; exterior paint can make siding look newer and put your whole house in a different light.
- Carpeting: This comparatively inexpensive decision prior to listing can bump the home into the the “move-in ready” bucket.
- Decluttering: By removing “junk” from your rooms, closets, and cupboards you can immediately add space. When you take your own personality out, you leave room for the buyer to imagine him/herself living there and increase their chances of feeling at home as they tour!
The National Association of Realtors’ (NAR) 2019 Profile of Home Staging reported positive feedback around staging from the perspective of buyers and agents. Here are some key takeaways from the report:
Partnering with our sellers to achieve their goals is something we take pride in, and we’d like to highlight 2276 Greendale Dr, a recently closed home with impactful staging which sold for $102,000 above asking price!
The Breytbergs are long time Bay Area residents who were looking to sell their charming home at 2276 Greendale Dr in South San Francisco to pursue their dreams of owning a ranch-style home in anticipation of the growth of their family and household.
In addition to adopting our comprehensive marketing strategy, they decided to move forward with staging as the final piece of their go-to-market plan to ensure their home was shown in the best light possible during open house weekend. Our in-house contractors and home staging partners at “Upstage Design + Home Staging” came in full force with fresh interior paint and newly painted kitchen cabinets in addition to converting the tandem garage into a fun poker room. Upstage’s founder, Tracy Ong, furnished the newly neutral space with mid-century modern pieces and accented with shades of blue, white and beige. The place looked transformed! With the final touches from our partners at Aerial Canvas effectively shooting photos, videos, and other tangible assets to present to buyers, the Breytbergs had a home they were confident to present in the competitive Bay Area market.
This wonderful family has since purchased their dream ranch-style home with their proceeds and the new. We strongly believe staging worked positively to help attract more buyers and ultimately elicit the best offers for our clients. Take a look for yourself with these before and after photos!
2276 Greendale Drive, South San Francisco
+14% Above List Price!
This charming 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath townhouse style condo has been well-maintained throughout the years. Direct access from attached garage leads you into a bonus work room. Living and dining room combo with access to private patio; perfect for entertaining! Upstairs contain 3 well-sized bedrooms with ceiling fans & views!
- Styled with Mid-Century Modern furniture
- Gentle organic curves mixed with different materials
- Accented with shades of blue, white & beige
- Mirrors and shades of metallic add a modern touch
- Floral and greenery throughout the home brings in freshness
- Crisp linens in each room for a comfortable feel.
Have questions about improvements and interior design?
Call Us Today: 650.852.1400