The Bay Area is known for its foodie culture, which means there is a plethora of restaurants to choose from, but not all of them are highly rated. In South San Francisco, if you are a local looking to expand your culinary horizons, or an out-of-towner planning a trip itinerary, this is the list for you to guarantee you’ll eat at some of the highest rated restaurants in the city.
- Hidden Spot South San Francisco: Rated 4.5 stars out of 5, this classic burger place is located at 303 Grand Ave and offers a nice variety of sandwiches, wagyu beef burgers, and wings. Voted Best Burgers in 2020 by Restaurant Guru, Hidden Spot is a great place to grab a specialty burger for a good price.
- Cafe De Casa: Rated 4.5 out of 5, Cafe De Casa offers brazilian savory pastries and acai bowls. Located at 1165 Airport Blvd, make sure to stop by for breakfast or lunch to fill up on some great Brazilian food or a fresh acai bowl. To learn even more about Cafe De Casa, check out our Look Local featuring the restaurant below.
- Taqueria San Bruno: While technically in San Bruno, this one still has to make it onto this list. Rated 4.5 out of 5, Taqueria San Bruno offers a variety of burritos, tacos, and other Mexican dishes that reep high praise. Located at 1045 San Mateo Ave, people drive from all over the bay for their burritos and many recommend the shrimp or the al pastor. If you’re looking for some great Mexican food, look no further.
- Sky Cafe: Rated 5 out of 5, if you’re looking for a great vegan food place, Sky Cafe is hard to beat. Advertised as a fusion restaurant, Sky Cafe specializes in vegan, organic, and non-GMO cuisine from all around the world. Located at 223 Grand Ave, their menu changes frequently, so make sure to check back often for new dishes.
- Cocina Milonga: Rated 5 out of 5, head over to Cocina Milonga to try some Argentinian Empanadas. Located at 308 Alida Way, Cocina Milonga offers a variety of sweet, savory, and even vegan empanadas. In addition to their standard menu, they also offer frozen empanadas that you can take home and bake yourself to enjoy later. Perfect for a quick bite while also offering a unique meal.
With so much great food around in the city, it’s great to get out and try something you haven’t before! If you’re looking to learn more about the South San Francisco area, reach out. Our agents are local experts and are happy to help educate you on the city. Also head over to our Youtube channel to check out our Bay Area Neighborhood Guides, or our Look Local series to see what else the area has to offer!